Unaudited Interim Results for the six months ended 31 August 2021 and dividend declaration
Raubex Group Limited
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
Registration number 2006/023666/06
Share Code: RBX
ISIN Code: ZAE000093183
("Raubex" or "the group")
UNAUDITED INTERIM RESULTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 31 AUGUST 2021 AND DIVIDEND DECLARATION
- Revenue increased 52.0% to R5.99 billion (H1 2021: R3.94 billion)
- Operating profit increased 1 907.9% to R435.2 million (H1 2021: R21.7 million)
- Headline earnings per share increased 615.0% to 137.0 cents per share (H1 2021: headline loss per
share of 26.6 cents)
- Earnings per share increased 657.9% to 140.6 cents per share (H1 2021: loss per share of 25.2 cents)
- Cash generated from operations decreased 66.5% to R239.9 million (H1 2021: R715.0 million)
- Net asset value increased to R4.87 billion (H1 2021: R4.51 billion)
- Capital expenditure increased to R287.3 million (H1 2021: R167.0 million)
- Order book increased to R16.55 billion (H1 2021: R11.74 billion)
- Interim dividend of 47 cents per share declared
Rudolf Fourie, CEO of Raubex Group, said:
"We are pleased to announce a strong set of results for the six months with a solid performance by all
"The group has now also successfully established a sustainable and diversified revenue stream from
operations in Australia, which are performing well.
"The upgrade of the Beitbridge Border Post, the group's biggest project to date, achieved its first milestone
on time with quality execution.
"Government's commitment to infrastructure spend and the high levels of tender activity is also encouraging.
"The current secured order book, strong management team, supported by a healthy balance sheet, position
the group well to take advantage of the high level of tender activity in the market."
Web link to full results announcement.
The full announcement is available through the following web link:
https://www.raubex.co.za/index.php/investor-relations/financial-results. Copies of the full announcement
may also be requested from email@example.com
The directors are responsible for the preparation and fair presentation of the unaudited consolidated
interim results for the period ended 31 August 2021.
The short-form announcement is a summary of the information included in the full announcement, and any
investment decision should be based on the full announcement.
A webcast presentation of the annual results will take place on Monday, 8 November 2021 at 10:00 am
and can be accessed via the following web link: https://www.corpcam.com/Raubex08112021
The board has declared a gross interim cash dividend from income reserves of 47 cents per share on
8 November 2021 for the period ended 31 August 2021. The salient dates for the payment of the dividend
are as follows:
Last day to trade cum dividend Tuesday, 30 November 2021
Commence trading ex dividend Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Record date Friday, 3 December 2021
Payment date Monday, 6 December 2021
No share certificates may be dematerialised or rematerialised between Wednesday, 1 December 2021 and
Friday, 3 December 2021, both dates inclusive.
In terms of Dividends Tax ("DT"), the following additional information is disclosed:
- The local DT rate is 20%.
- The number of ordinary shares in issue at the date of this declaration is 181 750 036.
- The dividend to utilise for determining the DT due is 47 cents per share.
- The DT amounts to 9.4 cents per share.
- The net local dividend amount is 37.6 cents per share for shareholders liable to pay the DT.
- Raubex Group Limited's income tax reference number is 9370/905/151.
In terms of the DT legislation, the DT amount due will be withheld and paid over to the South African
Revenue Service by a nominee-company, stockbroker or Central Securities Depository Participant
(collectively "Regulated Intermediary") on behalf of shareholders. All shareholders should declare their
status to their Regulated Intermediary, as they may qualify for a reduced DT rate or exemption.
On behalf of the board:
Chief Executive Officer
Building No 1
Highgrove Office Park
50 Tegel Avenue
8 November 2021
Investec Bank Limited
Date: 08-11-2021 07:15:00
Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.