Unaudited interim results for the six months ended 30 September 2019.
HOSKEN PASSENGER LOGISTICS AND RAIL LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
Registration number: 2015/250356/06
Share code: HPR ISIN: ZAE000255907
("HPLR" or the "Company")
UNAUDITED INTERIM RESULTS FOR THE SIX MONTHS ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2019
- Revenue: R1 022.544m, up 25.3% (September 2018: R816.072m)
- Headline earnings: R120.436m, up 57.9% (September 2018: R76.279m)
- Earnings per share: 44.46 cents, up 67.3% (September 2018: 26.58 cents)
- Net asset value: R1 125.066m, down 22.2% (September 2018: R1 446.506m)
- Interim ordinary dividend: 14 cents (September 2018: interim ordinary dividend: 14 cents, special dividend: 75 cents)
This short-form announcement is the responsibility of the directors. It is only a summary of the information contained in the full announcement
and does not contain full or complete details. Any investment decision should be based on the full announcement, which can be accessed from Thursday,
21 November 2019, via the JSE link and also available on the Company's website at www.hplr.co.za
Copies of the full announcement may also be requested at the Company's registered office, at no charge, during office hours and are also available for
inspection at the office of their sponsor.
The JSE link is as follows: https://senspdf.jse.co.za/documents/2019/jse/isse/hpre/Interims.pdf
DECLARATION OF ORDINARY DIVIDEND TO SHAREHOLDERS
The directors have approved and declared an interim ordinary dividend of 14 cents (gross) per HPLR share for the six months ended 30 September 2019
from income reserves.
The salient dates for the payment of this dividend is as follows:
Announcement date Thursday, 21 November 2019
Last day to trade cum dividend Tuesday, 10 December 2019
Commence trading ex-dividend Wednesday, 11 December 2019
Record date Friday, 13 December 2019
Payment date Tuesday, 17 December 2019
Share certificates may not be dematerialised or rematerialised between Wednesday, 11 December 2019 and Friday, 13 December 2019, both days inclusive.
In terms of legislation applicable to Dividends Tax ("DT") the following additional information is disclosed:
- The interim ordinary dividend shall constitute a "dividend" as defined in the Income Tax Act, 58 of 1962.
- The local DT rate is 20%.
- The number of ordinary shares in issue at the date of the declaration is 290 000 000.
- The DT amounts to 2.8 cents per share for the interim ordinary dividend.
- The net local dividend amount is 11.2 cents per share for the interim ordinary dividend for all shareholders who are not exempt from the DT.
- HPLR's income tax reference number is 9754/276/16/1.
In terms of DT legislation, any DT amount due will be withheld and paid over to the South African Revenue Service by a nominee company, stockbroker or
Central Securities Depository Participant (collectively "regulated intermediary") on behalf of shareholders. All shareholders should declare their
status to their regulated intermediary as they may qualify for a reduced DT rate or exemption.
21 November 2019
Investec Bank Limited
Date: 21/11/2019 10:30:00
Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.
Email this JSE Sens Item to a Friend.